Monday, January 17, 2011

Wasn't this in a Ludacris song?

Postavit' rakom - lit. "to do it crayfish style". Missionary.


Story time, kids.

Once upon a time, I used to work in a grocery store that was popular with Russians. Some of them befriended me, and would give me all sorts of advice on how to live. The first time I heard someone using the expression "v kusty i rakom" - "in the bushes and crayfish style" - was when a man was advising me to go to Russia for a long visit, because the girls are hot, fun, and generally behave like gay men in San Francisco in the 70's. As evidence, he described his own adventures picking up random girls and doing things with them in random places. His wife and kid were waiting for him outside, so he hurried off before the true awkwardness of my needing to say something back set in.

Addendum: As multiple people have commented, it's actually doggy style.
Addendum 2: I don't know any of said people. Which means that it's not just my friends reading this. It's enough to make me want to update more often.

3 comments:

  1. 'Crayfish-style' isn't missionary, it's a penetrating from behind position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is english your second language too? :) It's called doggy style

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idiom has other meaning "Force somebody to do something the way you want". I.e. angry boss "postavil vseh rakom" and made all employees to do something.

    ReplyDelete